Bloomfield’s time was just one-hundredth of a second slower than the National record of 43.93 owned by Rusheen McDonald of MVP Track Club. Bloomfield’s University of Auburn teammate, Nathon Allen, finished third in a personal best 44.13. FORMER Kingston College 400 metres runner, Akeem Bloomfield, is now the second fastest Jamaican ever in the one-lap event. Bloomfield posted a personal best 43.94 seconds on Friday night to finish second in the final of the event at the NCAA Outdoor Division 1 Championships in Eugene, Oregon. Twenty-year-old Michael Norman of the University of Southern California won the race in a personal best and collegiate record of 43.61, breaking the one-year-old mark of 43.70 set by Fred Kerley.
Dear Editor,Every day we dispose of waste materials such as bottles, tins and cans, paper, rotten fruits, vegetable peelings, scrap cloth, etc. These materials are often dumped into the drains, canals and on the street corners.This can make the environment unclean to live and dwell in. So, this leaves the question: how can we turn our waste material into lucrative ventures.That question was answered when the Communities Ministry hosted a two-day waste-to-resource exhibition, which saw many businesses and organisations finding creative ways to utilise waste materials.Enchanted Gardens – Floral Arts is one such company that found a way to utilise scrap cloth. The owner explains that her materials are gathered from seamstresses, tailors and even the fabric stores to reuse in her creations.Another exhibitor, Hidden Gems showed that you can reuse bottles and glass to make ornaments and other household items. This was displayed at the event where patrons were amazed to see how they can reuse bottles.Other exhibitors displayed that you can reuse paper, plastic, seeds and even tyres for all household items and even to wear as fashion pieces.I can go on with all examples on how we can reuse waste materials that would be considered trash to make cash. What I noticed that was missing though is a platform for standards to challenge the importation of items that would be able to push small business entrepreneurs.This exhibition was important to show our young people how we can use household items to create employment, which in turn will help develop their communities.Sincerely,Diana Trotman
0Shares0000ISTANBUL, July 16 – Besiktas are in talks to sign Chelsea’s Senegalese striker Demba Ba, the Turkish side announced on Wednesday.“Besiktas has begun talks with Chelsea for the transfer of Demba Ba,” the club said in a statement, without giving further details. Turkish media said that negotiations were already advanced and Ba, 29, was on his way to Istanbul for a medical later Wednesday.Previous reports suggested Beskitas would be acquiring Ba on loan but it was not immediately clear what form the final deal would take.Under Croatian manager Slaven Bilic, Besiktas will be looking in the coming season to improve on last year’s third place in the Super Lig behind Istanbul rivals Fenerbahce and Galatasaray.The team also has a place in the qualifying rounds of the Champions League.0Shares0000(Visited 1 times, 1 visits today)
After Dortmund coach Jurgen Klopp announced last Wednesday that he would leave at the end of the season, Hummels is set to be the next big name star to leave the 2013 Champions League finalists, according to the magazine.German daily Bild claim United’s offer is too low for Borussia, but Dortmund could be persuaded to part with their captain for 40 million euros.Hummels joined Dortmund from rivals Bayern Munich in 2007 on a loan deal before Borussia paid 4.2 million euros for him two years later.The 26-year-old was part of the Dortmund squad which won the 2011 and 2012 German league titles before finishing runners-up to Bayern for the last two years, and was first-choice during the World Cup campaign scoring two goals for Germany at Brazil 2014.0Shares0000(Visited 1 times, 1 visits today) 0Shares0000BERLIN, Germany, April 22- Manchester United have tabled a 21.38m pound (Sh3.5bn) bid for Borussia Dortmund’s Germany defender Mats Hummels, according to a report in Sport Bild.Hummels admitted earlier this month he was weighing up his options amid reports United boss Louis van Gaal wants Dortmund’s World Cup winner at the heart of his defence for next season.
After Greyhound cut four routes in Northern B.C., including the route connecting the B.C. Peace to Prince George, at the end of May, the provincial government launched BC Bus North, which provides twice-weekly service between Prince George and Fort St. John, along with weekly service between Dawson Creek and Fort Nelson.Though the service was launched as a temporary service for one year, the Province announced last month that roughly 900 riders had booked trips on the service between June 4th and mid-August. WHISTLER, B.C. – Delegates at the Union of B.C. Municipalities convention in Whistler have voted in favour of a resolution asking the provincial government to establish a new intercommunity transportation service in B.C. ahead of Greyhound Canada’s withdrawal from Western Canada next month.In early July, Greyhound announced that it will discontinue service west of Ontario after October 31st.The only route still operating in Northeast B.C. is the Edmonton to Dawson Creek bus, which will be shut down.- Advertisement -The only Greyhound route that will continue to run in B.C. is the service between Vancouver and Seattle that is provided by the parent American bus company.This afternoon, the UBCM passed the following resolution:“Therefore be it resolved that the provincial and federal government work in consultation with local governments, public regulators and operators to establish new, affordable and coordinated transportation services that will ensure the continued movement of passengers and freight across BC and Canada.”Advertisement
Arsenal target Daniele Baselli has denied agreeing a deal to join AC Milan and says he will keep his options open at the end of the season.Arsene Wenger has been linked with a bid for the Atalanta midfielder, who has been in impressive form the Serie A side.He looked to have passed the Gunners by when he opened talks over a switch to the San Siro at the start of this year.But a move did not materialise and the 22-year-old insists there have been no further talks with the Italian giants.Baselli, speaking in Corriere di Bergamo, said: “Yes, I went to Milan. There was interest, but nothing has been agreed. I know there’s interest, and nothing else.“I’m here in an Atalanta shirt, and I’m just thinking about doing well. My goal is to have consistency, to show something extra on the pitch, so far I’ve managed to play a lot.“After that other teams may come in, but I’ve never spoken to Galliani.” Daniele Baselli 1
SANTA BARBARA – Firefighters worked against a wildfire today that burned over 700 acres of brush in a rugged area of Santa Barbara County near popular campsites and swimming holes. The Rancho Fire, which started around 6 p.m. Saturday, was 50 percent contained this morning, U.S. Forest Service spokesman Robert Rainwater said. About 320 firefighters clamored over rocks and boulders to reach the brush burning along rugged canyon walls some seven miles northwest of Santa Barbara, as temperatures reached the high 80s and humidity levels dropped, he said. “Once the temperatures get that high and the humidity gets low, it’s a touchy situation,” Rainwater said. The blaze had shut down some campsites, but no residents in the area had been ordered to leave their homes, he said. The cause of the fire was under investigation. Meanwhile, the White Fire south of the San Joaquin Valley was 90 percent contained after burning through 12,400 acres of brush and destroying 12 homes, said fire spokesman Shawn Sternick. Investigators continued to seek the cause of the blaze, which may be connected to all-terrain vehicles seen in the area on June 24 when the fire started, Sternick said. An evacuation order on dozens of nearby residents was lifted Friday, officials said. 160Want local news?Sign up for the Localist and stay informed Something went wrong. Please try again.subscribeCongratulations! You’re all set!
A new Letterkenny business is set to create 50 new jobs for the town.The well-known McGettigan’s Group are launching a new bar and restaurant at Gallagher’s Hotel, Main Street in the Cathedral Town.Located in the centre of Letterkenny – at the site formerly known as Milan nightclub – the venue will be known as, Warehouse Bar + Kitchen and is expected to launch in June. Spread over two floors, and 9,000 square feet, the space will operate as a bar and restaurant and turn into a lively nightlife venue in the evenings, with a full entertainment schedule featuring a range of top-class DJs and bands from around the country.McGettigan’s Group director of bars, Michael Mc Bearty said, “We are looking to hire both bar staff and mixologists, as a key focus of the bar will be on cocktails, floor staff, bar-backs, bar supervisor and floor supervisors chefs and kitchen staff. This bar is a brand new concept; there will be no other bar in Donegal that will visually look like Warehouse Bar + Kitchen.“It is truly unique, so we are looking for talented and stylish individuals who are creative, outgoing and motivated. They will be part of a dynamic work force, and a company that are constantly growing and expanding. A key focus of the bar will be on fantastic food and drinks as well as sport, live music and entertainment, so we want people that are clued up on current trends.”The team behind Warehouse Bar + Kitchen will be holding open days for potential job candidates on Tuesday May 31st and Wednesday June 1st at the Clanree Hotel, for details and timings email CVs to the group Director of bars, Michael Mc Bearty at email@example.com The McGettigan’s Group is a family-run business of hotels, bars and restaurants. Founded by Letterkenny native, Jim McGettigan, the group is headed up by Jim’s son and CEO, Dennis McGettigan.The McGettigan’s Group are proprietors of Gallagher’s Hotel and the Clanree Hotel in Letterkenny which is also home to McGettigan’s bar as well as hotels and bars in Dublin, Galway, Limerick and further afield in Dubai, Abu Dhabi, New York and Singapore.50 JOBS FOR LETTERKENNY WITH OPENING OF NEW BAR AND RESTAURANT was last modified: May 19th, 2016 by StephenShare this:Click to share on Facebook (Opens in new window)Click to share on Twitter (Opens in new window)Click to share on LinkedIn (Opens in new window)Click to share on Reddit (Opens in new window)Click to share on Pocket (Opens in new window)Click to share on Telegram (Opens in new window)Click to share on WhatsApp (Opens in new window)Click to share on Skype (Opens in new window)Click to print (Opens in new window) Tags:donegaljobs boostletterkennyMcGettigan’sWarehouse and Kitchen Bar
This afternoon’s scheduled Connacht Cross Country Championships, which were due to be held in Calry, have been postponed.The decision was taken after schools from Galway were unable to travel for the event.It is likely to be rescheduled for next week, weather-permitting.
8 Best WordPress Hosting Solutions on the Market Top Reasons to Go With Managed WordPress Hosting Tags:#RSS & Feeds#web NB: This is a re-posting, slightly edited.What would you do if someone was ripping your RSS feed off – that is, copying every single post into their website? And what would you think if some software companies actively encouraged this activity? I call these people RSS Ripoff Merchants. (a sidenote: I’m absolutely not talking about fellow bloggers who re-post an occasional post of mine – I’m specifically talking about sites that brazenly re-post everything and are doing it for commercial purposes).I started off by laughing at it, but there’s a serious side too. Content has value and these Ripoff Merchants are completely glossing over that fact.A couple of days ago I took a light-hearted look at a dodgy RSS service called SuperFeedSystem, which was quite frankly laughable in its Informercial-like sales pitch. But at the same time its blatent glossing over of copyright issues was quite offensive (“You don’t have to write a single, solitary little ole word!”).update: Hector Jimenez, the creator of SuperFeedSystem, responds over at ionRSS.com by saying “It is up to our clients to follow any applicable laws for use of the materials.”Jason Calacanis, owner of blog publishing network weblogs inc., highlighted a practical example. He wrote recently on his blog:“…this site http://www.sportcompactracing.com/ is lifting the entire www.autoblog.com site and will not respond. You never want to call lawyers, but it is getting to that point.”After that I found two more RSS software sellers who seem to be encouraging RSS feed ripoffs: RSS Equalizer and RSS Content Builder.Some sample quotes, first from RSS Equalizer:“You see, regardless of what topic or subject matter you’ve built your website around, there’s valuable content out there… articles and information written by some “expert” in that particular field.And since that kind of content already exists – AND a large portion of it is available through the magic of RSS feed capability – YOU don’t have to create the content yourself.”And this from RSS Content Builder:“A World Of Professional Writers Right At Your Finger TipsNever hire another writer again and always have fresh up to the minute news and articles from your industry on your web pages. Add one line of code to your website and your pages will update themselves forever.”I would remind services like these that some of us put an awful lot of hard work into our writing – it doesn’t come for free! A Web Developer’s New Best Friend is the AI Wai… richard macmanus Why Tech Companies Need Simpler Terms of Servic… Related Posts